Once we start getting familiar with the forms and shapes of Aikido, we can start to develop a deeper understanding of what we're doing through the study of its principles.
You can watch videos of Christian Tissier [Wiki] explaining some of the basic principles below.
Principles of Engagement
These videos are also available to watch in a YouTube playlist, and can be downloaded for playback on your computer, smartphone or tablet:
Click the Dropbox icon above to download. You don't need the Dropbox app, but using it will make sure your download completes properly. It's very big! (2.95 GB)
What you get:
- All six Principles videos and the 2012 Highlights video in HD (1920 x 1080) and SD (640 x 360) formats with embedded subtitles; compatible with most smartphones and tablets
- Handy .m3u playlists for the Principles videos
- Cover-art for all videos
- The raw .SRT subtitles files. Useful if you want to translate to other languages
- The poster for the 2014 seminar
- The right to share! The whole bundle has a CC Attribution License [What is this?]
With kind thanks to Christian Tissier for his continued support.
Of course: Pictures and videos can be useful study tools, but they're nothing without the real experience. We hope to see you on the mat!